Thursday, December 9, 2010

Something to ponder

I've always been a fan of Tom Ford's but these days he is starting to rub me the wrong way.  I'd prefer it if he would rub me the right way.....anyway.  He is starting to sound sort of holier than thou to me.  Like he has it all figured out and we are just pions who don't think the way he thinks.  I personal go to the church of Belvedere just like Chelsea Handler so this quote really chaps my hide.

 “There was a mega cocktail culture through my whole career,” reminisces Ford, who used to roll out cocktail carts for his design staff at 5:00 P.M. and could put away four vodka tonics before his own fashion shows. “But I realized I wasn’t drinking to relax; I was drinking to escape. That’s why I saw a therapist, to see exactly what I was trying to escape from.” Their conclusion: “I was trying to escape from boring goddamned industry dinner parties, which I don’t go to anymore.” Harper's Bazaar

Working in fashion part of the job is going to events.  He sort of makes it sound elitist that he was just too good to go to the parties and had to drink to deal with the people who were at them and somehow deemed beneath him.  Plus the fact that he stopped drinking annoys me.  It means he just isn't fun anymore.  I never like a quitter.